Sunday, June 29, 2008

Two years, and shelves, and the boot


I just love blog titles that don't make sense until you read :)

Yesterday marked two years that Erin and I have been together. While we didn't specifically do anything for that, we did go out for our friend Anne's birthday, to Whistle Binkies, and did "Das Boot" and had a server that was obviously very new because the poor guy just couldn't keep anything straight, and we had about 12 of us at the table. But we all managed to enjoy ourselves.

Earlier yesterday, buddy Wayne helped me pick up some shevles that friend Bill graciously gave to us (thanks Bill!) since he had built-in wall shelves put into his office (they are really nice!) So today, after coffee at Panera, we got back and got to work on getting the shelves set up and the books organized. Erin, having previously worked at the library, has them all organized by category and author, with the exception of series which are all together. We also finally hung the picture that my dad sent me for Christmas, that I had framed - it is a beautiful picture of Devil's Tower in Wyoming, at sunset.

Since we were in a cleaning/reorganizing mood, I gathered the growing number of things we have meant to throw out for a while, and got them all out to the garage, where I will load them up and take them to the waste management center this week. I also cleaned out the office, bought a few more plastic tubs, and finished organizing the rest of the computer stuff and all the power and AV cables I have (and again threw some out - they seem to multiply). I also used the old bookshelf to organize what is left of the videotapes I still have. Getting the stuff I want off video tape and onto the computer is a project for another day though...

3 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Wow - I am seriously impressed.

Jay said...

Do I see a belly button there on Erin? :-)

Unknown said...

LP can't wait to take the books off the shelves!!! They look really nice!!