Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Softball WIN recap!

Meant to get this one done Monday night but got busy...on a beautiful weather night, our softball team won its second game of the season, in grand fashion (10-run in the 5th). Besides a nearly flawless defensive game, the end was actually pretty exciting - I will explain :)

My hitting night was not spectacular - one walk and two FC - so no hits, but I got on base every time. Both the first two times I got in and scored runs. In the bottom of the 5th, I got up to bat and hit a short grounder to the short stop, which got the runner ahead of me out. So I was on base on first - after another hit, I got to second. Then our big power hitter got up to bat. The hit was not as far as some of the deeper ones of the evening, but was on the ground so I headed to 3rd. Hogan was the 3rd base coach, and I sort of looked at her halfway to 3rd and asked whether I should stop or not...she gave me the "go home" sign...but right as I was rounding 3rd she said "BUT HURRY!" OH NO! So I was thinking I might have to actually slide...and then decided against it because we were still up by 9, because I was wearing shorts, and because in my experience, 95 times out of 100 the throw to home is never on target. As it turned out, the ball DID get there before I got there, but it wasn't on target, and I easily scored, putting is up by 10 - which meant that we won (if you're up by 10 at the end of the 5th the game is over - 10-run rule). So...I will claim I scored the winning run...and it wasn't an easy one. OK, so we probably would have won anyway, but who knows?

1 comment:

RobinScarey said...

No, you never know if we would have won if you hadn't made it home! Our team has a history of getting AHEAD of themselves and end up going in reverse :( Awesome game. I hope that you guys stay after your double header this week and cheer on the girls - some are up for a TRIPLE header!!!! It's at 9:15 at McQ, also, so no driving required, just come watch!