Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Softball!

Yesterday - wow, what a beautiful day - even more so because of all the not-so-beautiful days we've had in-between! By the time 5:30 rolled around, I was more than ready to get outside and play some softball. The weather was just perfect - the wind died down and the sun was just enough behind the clouds to not bother anyone. Hooray! Afterwards I enjoyed the beautiful night and hung out with some friends at the field, and then I stopped by the VFW to say hi to the rest of the softball gang (the VFW is our sponsor and we're trying to frequent them after games) before heading home to try and get a few things done.

The best part of the day was earlier though - you may have read about my lawn mower woes last week, and it's still in the shop. So I was going to borrow a mower from my friends Jay & Eric, and sent a text message to Jay to ask if I could stop by and get it. I didn't really know when I'd actually get to mow because I have something every night this week. But when I got home, the lawn had been mowed. Jay is a SAINT! After a fairly stressful day at work and staring into a full (and probably rainy week) it was such a relief....THANK YOU THANK YOU Jay!

Tonight I'm looking forward to seeing a friend from high school, who is in Minneapolis for work this week, and who I haven't seen since about a year after high school graduation. It should be fun to catch up on old times!

No comments: