Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lefty

So, I guess if you live long enough you just keep learning more stuff. A couple of weeks ago we had a softball practice during the week we had a bye...since only 4 of us were there, we sort of goofed around and tried some fun things including switch hitting. Well the few hits I took on the left side actually felt pretty good, enough where captain GP said I should try it...so this week I went to the batting cage at the RAC Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (the RAC has nice new batting cages btw). I am a left-handed hitter. Yes. After 11 years of softball, scattered baseball games during gym class, and even back to my tee-ball career when I was 4 and 5, I now figure this out. I didn't know it was so common to be right-handed and bat left-handed or vice-versa, but in just a week of asking around, I have already found 4 people who bat with their opposite hand. So Monday night, it's lefty time.

This makes me wonder if I should be throwing left-handed too, and possibly golfing left-handed too, because it's a similar swing. I haven't found anyone who golfs with their opposite hand though, so maybe I'm just no good at golf :) And I'm not going to all of a sudden be an all-star at softball, but this might make it more fun!

1 comment:

Jay said...

The only thing I do left hand is shooting pool. I've tried right hand and didn't like it, so been doing it that way since I was a id.