Friday, June 20, 2008

There are two seasons in Minnesota...

winter and construction! And this year the construction is hitting close to home - VERY close as a matter of fact - like in my yard!

Yes, after 4 years they are finally putting in the trail between my house and the neighbor's house, which will run to the park and to other parts of the neighborhood (part of the neighborhood trail system in this part of town). I didn't realize how much they were going to do though...including completely taking out the pond and digging a chasm between my house and the neighbors...but on the up side, they leveled the hill by the pond which was really hard to mow.

Another LONG-awaited construction project that is finally going to happen (about 5 years overdue) is the section of 50th Avenue between 51st Street NW and Valley High Drive - for the past 4 years they have sort of semi-paved the road, but not enough to hold up against massive potholes and water flooding over the tiny bridge at the bottom of the hill. Well starting July 1st, no more - when it's done it will be 4 lanes and mostly flattened out. It will be an inconvenient few months but well worth it.

1 comment:

Jay said...

That's what all the flag was about in your yard! I was thinking, "OK, is Paul adding on to the house?" Talk about fun moving 100 of them around while mowing... (Hope I did put them back in the right spots!)

Yeah, That one hill was down by the pond was something, I almost slip right down into it a couple of times when I mowed the yard.