Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Old Friends...

Not that she's old...but I was very excited yesterday to get the opportunity to see my friend Denise from high school. We figured it had been 15 years since we had actually seen each other in person...a lot happens in 15 years! She is in Minneapolis on business this week, so it was easy enough for me to drive up there Tuesday night and meet her for dinner.

It was non-stop talking from the minute I got there (6:30) to the minute I left (~9:30) and I think we could have kept going for many more hours (and would have if I hadn't had the 1.5 hour drive home). I took the opportunity to go with her to Brit's Pub & Eating Establishment, which is on 11th and Nicollet, conveniently located a block away from her hotel. I love sitting out on the second floor patio, and the rain held off and we took full advantage. Fun! I'm hoping to get the chance to see her and her husband (whom I've never met) this fall when I go to Nebraska.

The drive home was fairly uneventful - there was some ominous looking lightning and rain but nothing big, and I had plenty of podcasts loaded up on my old 40GB iPod (yes, old by iPod standards, as it was like a 2nd generation, and they don't even list it as an "iPod Classic" anymore on the website). It will not even hold a charge now for more than about 5 minutes, but plugged into the car it runs just fine. So I'll probably keep it until it just gives up.

Miscellany

Has been a very stress-filled week - not all bad stress but definitely full (I did the Diversity/EO presentation for my department this year, I'll save that story for another day). One of our favorite characters made a brief return to Battlestar Galactica last week, in Laura Roslin's imagination anyway. I'm behind on one movie I want to see (Prince Caspian) and I see the Incredible Hulk is coming out this week (let's hope it's better than the last one!) The biggie though is going to be Batman: The Dark Knight which opens July 18th. I have paid no attention to the NBA finals besides the brief glimpses I see at restaurants and my friend Wayne telling me about it. Maybe I'll tune in at the end :)

No comments: