Saturday, June 7, 2008

Coffee, circuit breakers, and dehumidifiers

These 3 topics are only unrelated if you're not me :) But those are the 3 things on my agenda for this rainy and humid Saturday.

Coffee, of course, is on the agenda every morning, but today was Dunn Brothers with Shelley, as we solved all the world's problems (and some of our own).

On the way home, I stopped at Menards and then Home Depot to pick up an arc-fault circuit breaker to replace what I suspect is one that had gone bad. Menards was out, fortunately Home Depot had them (and I got to see my friend Jay while I was there!). However, when I got home, I did some more detective work, and I now realize the problem isn't the breaker (which is good because they're expensive) but somewhere between 3 different outlets in the basement. Fortunately I ran the wiring for the whole basement and have the diagram, so it was a bit easier to determine. I believe now that there's a problem with the outlet itself, which is ok because those are about $1 to replace. Heading back downstairs to give that a try....

And while I was downstairs, cleaning up the utility room and getting out my electrical tools, I noticed how humid it was everywhere downstairs. Then I noticed my dehumidifier was running but there was nothing coming out of the hose. The dehumidifier is 9 years old, so I am not too surprised that it doesn't work anymore. So in a bit I'm off to go find a new one. I'll probably stop by Linens & Things too, as Shelley told me they were going out of business and might have some deals.

Hopefully it will COOL OFF and/or dry out so I can actually mow the lawn too.

No comments: