Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shameless self-promotion

Before I forget, some upcoming performances for the bands I'm in.

Saturday, August 30th, 6pm-8pm, the 37th Street Gold jazz band will be playing at St. Luke's Episcopal church (1884 22nd Ave NW, Rochester) for a benefit to raise money for...well I honestly can't remember, but there will be a pig roast and barbecue, and 2 hours of great live music.

Sunday, September 7th, 7pm-11pm, the Notochords jazz band will be playing for a dance at the Kahler Hotel ballroom. I'm actually not sure what kind of dance this is, so I'll find out...but I believe it's open to the public.

And last, but not least...

Friday, September 12th, 8pm-midnight, the Fuego latin/salsa band will be playing at the Blue Moon ballroom for their Friday latin dance night. This is a significant performance for us, because, sadly, it will be the LAST performance for Fuego. Martial, our band leader, drummer extraordinaire, singer, and pretty much the driving force behind the band, is taking a new job in St. Louis and will be moving at the end of September. I'm really sad to see him go - he is incredibly talented and we can't really continue the band without him. I have enjoyed getting to learn about true African salsa music, expand my musical breadth, and just have fun playing music with this group of such talented musicians. So if you wanted to see us, this is your last chance :)

No comments: