Saturday, August 30, 2008

I love coffee

OK so this post has NOTHING to do with coffee, I just like coffee a lot :) I used to wonder why my grandma would insist on making sure there was coffee every morning, thinking why would anyone want that bitter tasting stuff (or want a warm drink on a hot summer day!)...now I get it grandma!

I chose to work at home yesterday, mostly because the Friday before a holiday weekend the site is empty, but also because this is the annual takedown of most of the hardware we do development on, so most of the work I could do was reading, reviewing, etc. things I didn't need to be in the office for. It worked out well because the air conditioner repair people had to come (again - 4 if you're keeping count this summer) because nothing was cooling again. Fortunately they're to the point of not charging me anything for any of this because they now see this is their fault. He found nothing...came back in the afternoon to see if it was cooling...possibly a thermostat problem although I'm not convinced. We'll see this weekend, as it is going to be warmer. Still not so bad when you can open the windows at night though.

This morning I went to the post office to mail some packages (my old phone sold on eBay - yay!). It was $7.20 to mail each one priority mail - seems like last year it was like $4.something...then again, I still think the post office is a pretty good deal and run pretty well, considering you can still send a letter anywhere in the country for $.42 or whatever it is (imagine if that were a private industry, no way would it be under $1). Went to Target - yeah, groceries cost more too, but then so does eating out, so we've been coming out ahead on that one too I think.

I'm now drinking coffee and pouring through handbell music catalogs listening to stuff and picking out things to order for this year - fun, but wow there's a lot to go through! Band plays tonight at St. Luke's Episcopal church 6pm-8pm - if anyone's looking for something to do, $5 for a great bbq dinner, and a good cause.

50th Ave construction update

Well they won't be done Sept 1, but they may be done by the end of Sept - everything is completely leveled out now, and it looks like they're getting ready to put down concrete. Can't wait for this to be done.

Reading/Watching

Darn it for getting hooked on another old series - caught a few episode of "Charmed" in Vegas because of the time difference and it was on when we were getting up in the morning...now I'm hooked. Fortunately they show 4 episodes a day and the DVR is ready and waiting to record stuff. HD too...even better! Reading one Star Wars book and the second of the IBM books friend Dave loaned me.

And I'm already sick of hearing about the two political conventions and Sarah Palin - I have nothing against her personally, but until yesterday we had been creeping back to actually talking about important things like ISSUES...now she's all they're talking about. Oh well...

1 comment:

Jay said...

They get your A/C up and running for yesterday's humid day? That sure sucks when you have that many service call on that A/C.