Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Smart" Phones

The phones are smart, the people making them I have to question...will be on my 4th Palm Pre on Tuesday (original + 3 replacements) since June 2009. The phone itself is wonderful, I love everything about it. Except the extremely cheap plastic power button with apparently an equally cheap spring that just stops springing back after awhile. I have the insurance, and with this phone everything is backed up nightly, so all you do is turn on the new one, log in, and in about 3 minutes everything is back. Just seems strange that they'd work so hard at making the electronics work well and the screen/case durable, and then make the power button all cheap.

Of course I read today that Palm is putting itself up for sale. No one knows where that puts the Pre....I pretty much refuse to get an iPhone (I'll probably eat my words), the Google phones look pretty neat though too. For now, free replacement Pre's will have to do.

In other news...day 3 of cast off, and it's great to have two hands! I'm supposed to be doing self physical therapy, and that's going ok. I can finally start exercising again and not worry about sweating inside the cast. Oh how I've missed DDR and Japanese techno.

This week was the last episode of "Ugly Betty", which I'm sad to see go, but they did a fitting finish to the show. I'd also highly recommend catching up on "The Big Bang Theory" if you don't already watch it, one of the best, most fun TV shows I've seen in years. And "Glee" returned for the second half of season 1, and of course it was fantastic. I'm also finding "Flash Forward" interesting, and a tearing through "Stargate SG-1" season 6, although I suspect all of that will slow down now that I can actually do other things.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend weather - for some people this is probably too cold yet but I love this weather, 60s and low 70s is perfect for me.

2 comments:

MamaMonkey said...

We have both the iphone and the Nexus One at our house, and the Nexus One is much, much cooler. The former Palm user is a convert.

Paul said...

That's probably where I'll end up...I like the Pre but it's probably not going to last.