Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1

No April Fools stuff for Paul - I got in a bit of trouble a couple years ago with one and I've sworn them off for awhile (and no, that isn't an April Fools, it's true :)

So, instead, a couple of geek/religion funnies for the day.

My friend Bill posted a comment on Facebook asking if people thought that Pope Benedict looked like the Emperor (and he does) but one of the follow-on comments was:

"Soon young Skywalker will be one of us, and the Lutherans will be crushed."

I think I laugh hardest when it involves humor that crosses between two seemingly unrelated interests in my life - that one qualifies :)

Similarly, several years ago one of my friends told me a similar Star Wars/Lutheran joke (it would work for Catholics too, if you're familiar with the standard liturgies):

"How do you know if a geek is also a Lutheran?"

"When you tell them 'May the Force be with you' and they respond 'And also with you'"

You may now return to your regularly scheduled April Fools Day.

No comments: