Sunday, November 1, 2009

Funny for the day

Being sick a week I'm way behind on posting stuff, but this is a good corny joke for the day and the season - thanks to Mary Jo for this one.

Bob and Betty Hill were vacationing in Europe. They were driving a rented car along a deserted highway, not far from Transylvania. It was late at night, and it was raining so hard Bob could barely see the road. Suddenly, the car skidded out of control. Bob tried to control the car, but it swerved and smashed into a tree.

In the silence that followed, Bob sat dazed, shaking his head to clear the fog. He looked over at Betty and saw that she was unconscious, and her head was bleeding. He had to get her medical assistance as quickly as possible.

Bob carefully lifted his wife and carried her down the road through the rain. In a short while, he saw a light and headed towards it. It was coming from a large, old house. He approached the door and knocked.

A small, hunched man opened the door and Bob gasped, "My name is Bob Hill, and this is my wife Betty. We've been in a terrible accident and my wife has been seriously hurt. May I please use your phone?"

"I'm so sorry," replied the hunchback. "We don't have a phone. My master is a doctor; come in and I will get him!"

Soon Igor returned with the doctor who said, "I'm afraid my assistant has misled you. I am not a medical doctor; I am a scientist. However, it is many miles to the nearest clinic, and I have had a little bit of medical training. I will see what I can do. Igor, bring the Hills to the laboratory."

With that, Igor carried Betty to the lab, and Bob followed closely. Igor placed Betty on a table. Immediately Bob collapsed from his own injuries, so Igor placed Bob on an adjoining table.

After a brief examination, Igor's master looked worried. "Things are serious, Igor. Prepare a transfusion." Igor and his master worked feverishly, but to no avail. Bob and Betty Hill were no more.

The Hills' deaths upset Igor's master greatly. Wearily, he climbed the steps to his conservatory to his grand piano. He often sought solace in music, so he played, and a stirring, haunting melody filled the house.

Meanwhile, Igor tidied up the lab. As he worked, his eyes caught movement. He saw the fingers on Betty's hand begin to twitch, keeping time to the haunting music. Stunned, he watched as Bob's feet moved in perfect rhythm. With wide eyes, he was shocked as Betty and Bob suddenly sat up straight.

Unable to contain himself, he dashed up the stairs to the conservatory.

He burst through the door and shouted to his master, "Master, Master! The Hills are alive with the sound of music!"

No comments: