Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh que le temps passe

(literally translated it's "oh how the time passes" - the title of one of our salsa songs which seemed appropriate today)

I feel like I'm so out of it on blogging - I see my last post was February 19th. I've been absent from the blogosphere with good reason - I've been working...and working...and working...and working. I'm not complaining - for one thing I love what I'm working on, this has been a great change for me over the past couple of years. And having lots of work to do is never a bad thing in the current economic climate.

So, I'll summarize highlights of what's been going on over the past few weeks. Work. Lots of going-away lunches and retirement coffees at work :( Playing at the Blue Moon to a great crowd on February 20th. Helping friend Michael out with setting up a Ubuntu Linux server where he works (which was probably WAY more fun for me than him!) New haircut. Battlestar Galactica (tonight is the 3rd-to-last episode of the series *sniff*) Seeing my nieces (and the rest of the family) in St. Paul last Saturday for lunch before they went to the Children's Museum - love you guys! Seeing the movie "Taken" with Erin (pretty good!) New tires for my car (holy expensive Batman!) Playing handbells for the Wednesday lenten service at church a couple days ago. And last night, the first rehearsal of the pit orchestra for "Hello Dolly" at the Rochester Civic Theater - running 5 weekends March 20th-April 19th - get your tickets now. :) (I'm playing 9 out of the 19 shows)

That's it in a nutshell. I still manage to get lots of playing time with the kitties and watching movies and episodes of "House" with Erin (I may have gotten myself hooked on all the medical shows I've been ignoring for the past 10 years - first "Scrubs" and now "House" - next? E.R.? Grey's Anatomy?)

No comments: