Saturday, March 7, 2009

Odds and Ends

I got scammed on eBay for the first time in the 11 years I've been on eBay. I will likely get my money back because PayPal has 100% fraud protection, and eBay already says it was a fraudulent auction, but it will be a month. It also saddens my eBay experience :( I may quit using eBay altogether.

I can no longer sleep in no matter what the day or stress level. :(

I have to reboot my phone every time I want to sync it with my computer. Probably because my phone runs Windows.

We are creating a game/Husker room downstairs in the non-bedroom. We found out the Behr color "Grenadine" is pretty much a spot-on match to the official Glidden "Husker Red" and is way cheaper.

We were online shopping for gaming chairs for the game/Husker room, and the "official" Husker chairs were $129/each while the much nicer/higher quality/comfortable-looking plain black and red Husker-colored chairs were $84.99/each...I'm sensing a theme here.

My new PC compresses DVDs in the actual amount of time the show or movie actually is - i.e. it took 44 minutes to compress a 44-minute show. That is WAY cool - given that my last one took at least twice that long and ate up all available processor and memory. I compressed an entire season of "House" in 17.6 hours.

When both of your 250GB DVRs are full, it may be time to stop recording so much TV :)

2 comments:

Wayne said...

For some reason I can't seem to remember why I thought switching to the windows device was a good idea. :) Probably because I was too impatient to wait. Oh well. Think they'd let us trade straight-up for the palm version??

Cradick said...

I remember reading an interesting approach to getting enough sleep. Most methods having you go to bed at the same time every night. This method had you get up at the same time every day... but you have to go to bed 5 minutes after the first time you feel tired. This way your body naturally adjusts to how much sleep you need.

Can't say I tried it, but though it would be worth trying... I guess the hard thing would be to go to bed when you are tired despite the activities you are doing. Some things I do, like watch TV, keep me up and I have to turn off the TV to go to bed.