Sunday, March 22, 2009

All good things...

Friday night was the end of a small "era" for me and a group of my friends - the final episode of "Battlestar Galactica" (2003) - the rebooted version of the cheesy sci-fi show from the 70s. In many ways, Battlestar was one of the first in a new generation of science fiction - more drama and characters, less "geek". While I certainly love the geek-loving shows like the Star Trek series', I have to say that I loved Battlestar from the first time Chris had me over to watch the mini-series that started it all. The ending was particularly good - the whole show was a commentary on humanity - and the final episode was very insightful (as well as action-packed). Most of my die-hard Battlestar friends were over to my house Friday to say farewell.

Other odds and ends -

It's March Madness! I took Thursday and Friday afternoon off and hung out with one of my friends and 3 TVs watching games both afternoons. Some good games, not a lot of upsets this year. I'm of course doing horrible on every pool I'm in except the free one.

Thursday night I got to see the preview show of "Hello Dolly" at the Rochester Civic Theater, the show that I'm playing in the pit orchestra for. I have to say the show is great, particularly the actress playing "Dolly" - she is SO entertaining. I played on Saturday and Sunday, so far so good (4 more weekends to go!)

We have been enjoying showing off our hard work on the game room. Still have to put up shelves. We also have seedlings going for our upcoming garden this summer.

1 comment:

Jay said...

What weekends are you doing the "Hello Dollly"?