Monday, March 23, 2009

The Answer

Yesterday I was on my way to the show and saw a car with the following two bumper stickers RIGHT next to each other:

"Jesus is the Answer"

"I'll keep my guns, money, and freedom, you can keep the change!"

Now, political commentary aside, to me this represents the biggest problem with religion and Christianity today. It is apparent that this person either hasn't actually read the bible, is just ignorant, or has been the victim of a contradictory bumper sticker attack (I'm ruling out the last one). While people argue all the time about some of the things that the bible says, anyone who has read about the life of Jesus would know that Jesus would not want guns and money, and would never advocate guns, violence, or war as a solution to ANYTHING.

This is why religion alienates so many people - because this is what they see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever read "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young? I think you would like it. I borrowed it from Mom and read it recently.

GoldFishy said...

Bingo.