Friday, September 5, 2008

Thursdays on First (after!)

Wow, what a great time! This was the second time we did this, and I never knew how much fun it could be just getting together and jamming on the street corner. Even on a fairly brisk night we had pretty good crowds listening all the time. This time around we had 4 percussionists, a bass, a sax (me) and two guitarists. I am positive I had more fun and enjoyment than the people in the crowd.

We also put out a guitar case for "donations", after having people last time tell us to put one out. I didn't think people would actually leave money but they did - $65 as a matter of fact! OK so I'm not going to be quitting my day job, but I made $8 :) Since I didn't manage to get pictures of us playing (because I was busy playing), I did get a picture of the "take".

And as a reminder - my salsa band "Fuego" (several of the people there last night are in the band) will be making its final performance at the Blue Moon next Friday, Sept 12th, from 8-11pm - if you ever wanted to see us this is your last chance.

No comments: