Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fuego 4


Friday night my band "Fuego" had the opportunity to again play at the Blue Moon Ballroom - this was our 4th time there. The first time we played was a record crowd for the Blue Moon with 105 people. The third time last January there were 85. I guess September isn't the right time to have Friday night events - probably around 40 or so last night (I heard there was a free concert at RCTC as well as high school football games going on).

Still, I think it was another successful evening for the band - we now have 23 songs in our inventory, and overall it sounded great. The people who were there had fun!

We also found out that we are NOT disbanding, as I had previously mentioned - as our leader is not moving after all. So hopefully there will be more performances in the future!

Other News

On the agenda for this weekend - catch up on some household chores from the busy week, and catch some football - Nebraska is playing tonight, as well as the big game of the week USC vs. Ohio State - I love fall! Tomorrow we may be adopting a cat if all goes well - very exciting for me as this is really my first "real" pet (I had some pet rabbits growing up but they were outdoor pets). We already have a name picked out which I will reveal in a future blog, likely with a whole bunch of great pictures. The gang will be here Sunday night for a (probably) final grill-out of the summer while the weather is still nice.

Monday, after 10 1/2 years, I will move to a new office, one building away from the one I'm currently in. I am looking forward to getting going on this project - it is going to be a busy next 6 months but it's really exciting work.

50th Ave construction update - I haven't been giving updates because there haven't been many, but it does finally look like they're ready to lay down concrete now. So still hoping it's done by the end of the month.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Why does the guy in the back right of the picture make me think "Muppet?"