Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vritual Friday

It's probably bad that it already felt like Friday YESTERDAY, and that no one is here at work today (there is one other person in my department here I think). But, I'm getting a lot of odds and ends done.

I took my car in to Saturn today to have the key/ignition slot looked at. I am sitting at 35,700 miles, the warranty runs out at 36,000...if anything else is going to break, I hope it's in the next few days! I can't believe I'm already at 36,000 miles - I put on a lot of miles I guess, I've never made it 3 years on a warranty yet and I've had 4 new cars now. The Saturn guys keep assuring me that Saturn is going to keep making cars, I'm not so sure.

It is also Erin's birthday today - happy birthday Erin! He actually got up and drove me to Caribou and work after dropping off the car. We are looking forward to a fun evening of grilling with some friends tomorrow night, and then friends Trevor & Karli spending the weekend up here, ending with going to the "No Doubt" concert Sunday evening in St. Paul at the Excel Energy Center. The weather looks like it's going to be fantastic all weekend.

A safe, wonderful, and happy Independence Day to everyone and their families this weekend. One of the things I remember at this holiday are the countries where freedom and independence are still just concepts and not realities. We certainly have problems in our country but we're in a lot better shape than others. Let's hope that in the next decade the world makes real progress toward freedom and liberty for all.

1 comment:

thrillhouse said...

I believe the technical term is "Bon Jovi Friday."

And happy birthday to Erin!