Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter 6

Erin and I and a group of friends made the trek down to the theater last night at 11pm to get seats for the midnight kickoff of "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". I have to say the new Wehrenberg Theaters down south of town are really nice, and they were showing the movie in at least 4 theaters (maybe more I didn't count), and that no one had to stand in line, so it was a much more pleasant experience than some opening days I've gone to. The movie itself was very good - somewhat different from the book but overall I still liked it. It was 3am by the time we got home though which made for too early of a morning.

Your social/political awareness link for the day:

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/12048/i-outline-religious-right-distortions-focus-on-the-familys-stanton-responds

I really like the blog "Pam's House Blend" because there is such a wide mix of articles and posts - I wish I had time to read all of them but there are probably 50+ a day and that's just too many. But I can usually scan the headlines. This one was particularly interesting to me, as it talks about some of the myths about GLBT people that get perpetuated.

1 comment:

GoldFishy said...

I LOVE Pam's House Blend. Paul, you should also check out shakesville.com. I read that one EVERY day, and they reference each other quite a bit. Their blogmistress, Melissa, is amazing!