Monday, June 15, 2009

Trivia of the day

The trivia question at Caribou this morning was "How much would could a woodchuck chuck?" - ok, so besides being the most vague and really non-answerable question they've ever had (the girl at the counter said she'd take anything because it was such a bad question, so I said 10 lbs), it reminded me of how my grandma and I used to do those saying and limericks when I was little. "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? A wood chuck would chuck all the wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood." Never mind that they don't make any sense.

Which then reminded me of 1st grade and this show the class put on for parents, where we each had to memorize one of those things and recite it to everyone. I don't even remember the one I did, because it was stupid (even in 1st grade I knew that), but I remember being jealous of Melissa Kastruski because she had the one I wanted..."A canner exceedingly canny, one morning remarked to his granny. A canner can can anything that he can but a canner can't can a can can he?"

Why I can remember that as clear as if it were yesterday, but I can't remember what I had for lunch is beyond me.

No comments: