Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Odds and Ends

Despite the clouds and sprinkles, I am really liking the cooler weather. The whole week is supposed to be in the 70s and I get Friday off!

Of all the Caribou trivia questions every morning ($.10 off if you get it right, or if you get the right cashier, even if you just attempt it), I like the pop culture ones the best. Two recent interesting ones - Saturday the question was "Which MJ album had five #1 songs, the only album in history to do so?" Not only did I know which one ("Bad" - and I'm sure "Thriller" was the popular choice, but it actually only had 3), I knew the 5 songs - "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man In The Mirror", and "Dirty Diana". And hitting #1 back then wasn't as easy as it is now. Today's question, "Besides jeans, what else did the Gap originally sell when it opened?" The answer? Records. OK people under 30 probably don't even remember what a record is (I do but by about 5th grade no one was buying them anymore and by 8th grade I was already into CDs).

Fun evening last night having dinner with high school friend Joe and his wife Keri, in town for the week from Nebraska.

No comments: