Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I am at home, "recovering" (ok so that's really the wrong word, "relaxing" is probably more accurate). My church, Zumbro Lutheran, always has a wonderful Easter celebration, consisting of 3 morning services. Since I am involved with the Handbell choir, it's always a busy day for me. This morning I was at the 9:00 and 11:00 services. Busy, but very happy and joyous. Since my family is usually busy with their own church activities on Easter, we usually can't go to each other's services, so today my "urban" family (as Shelley always refers it) was there - Erin and Shelley this time. Friend Matt has also adopted my church as the church they go to when his family is visiting for Easter.

I will be taking over directing the bell choir next year as our current director, June, is "retiring" from directing. I have mixed feelings about this, I think it will be fun to direct but I will also miss out on playing. I guess after a year I can change my mind :)

Other Goings-on

I'm home watching basketball now with my white chocolate mocha from Caribou, and decided I'd finally sign up for FaceBook. Interesting site - I like the interface a lot better than Myspace, and the photo capabilities are neat. I was surprised there weren't more people on there, until I started to read a little more about it, and see that it started out being restricted to high school and college students. So it makes sense that that's the majority of the users on there. I only found 2 people on there from my high school graduating class (at least that put that down in their profile) and of course searching for college classmates is impossible since my class alone had about 5000.

Speaking of basketball, my bracket is not doing so good - I haven't really lost anything major (or at least none that no one else has) but I didn't do so well in the first round, pretty much eliminating me from contention. Seems like I either finish way up at the top or way at the bottom - I can't just be mediocre. But then I suppose that's better than always finishing in the middle, as you never win anything :) I am pleased that there have been some GREAT games and great finishes in the first 2 rounds this year - last year didn't seem to have many.

No comments: