Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bunnies

We have a bunny living under one of our backyard chairs, and we left some food for it today - this is as close as I could get without scaring it away.

Last week was relatively quiet, which was a nice break from the previous couple of weeks. The weather is finally getting nicer which has been a nice opportunity to go out and take some walks without freezing (Friday afternoon was really nice!)

The theme for this weekend has been getting some spring chores done. Erin is continuing his project of building shelves to grow seedlings for a garden this summer which is making good progress. I spent some time cleaning up the garage, replacing for a second time a broom handle, and finally figuring out what was wrong with the lithium batteries that go with my cordless drill (I now know all about lithium batteries and, sadly, that the two batteries I have cannot be saved). The NCAA tournament continues on, with both one seeds UCLA and North Carolina moving on last night - the other two play tonight. I also took advantage of a windier day yesterday to do some inside stuff, including finishing a bunch of video editing and organizing projects - still some to go.

In other news, the trumpet lesson progress kind of stalled last week after I was off for 2 weeks because of the work trip, but it is going better this week. Next week is Rochester spring break so no bell practices. The salsa band is also getting short on people right now, as the guitar player doesn't have time to play - so we're down to 4 people (5 when the piano player comes back this summer).

Continuing to read "Death Star", one of the books in the Star Wars universe series, this one is pretty good. I also have to mentioned a podcast I listened to the other day - I frequently listen to Democracy Now which is a news show reporting on issues from around the country. This episode had speeches from soldiers now organized under a group called Iraq Veterans Against The War. Listening to these speeches of these soldiers was just heart-wrenching. I am afraid that the world's opinion of the U.S. is going to be bad for some time to come, and deservedly so. I wish there was an easy way out of all of this but I know there isn't...I hope something changes soon.

No comments: