Thursday, March 20, 2008

The FDA

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/04/news/companies/airborne_settlement/index.htm?cnn=yes

These kinds of articles always make me wonder...if a product is bad and/or not effective, it would seem that people would just choose not to buy it, or buy something else. There are plenty of choices in the cold-prevention/cold treatment market, so it would seem to me that people would only continue buying a product if it worked. So it makes me wonder if, because this is a small independent company who was successful in selling their product, maybe the big guys are trying to push them out, one way or another. I have no article or evidence to support that, it just seems odd to see something like this. I use Airborne when going on planes, and whether it actually worked or not, it made me feel better, and having extra vitamins certainly wouldn't hurt when being in an environment like an airplane where it's easy to catch colds.

No comments: