Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Prime

Yes, today is my birthday, and in mathematical terms I'm "in my prime" because my age is now a prime number :) I won't tell you which one, but if you know the general range of my age, you can probably guess.

A shout out to my friend Amber, who was born on the exact same day and year as me, in the same state, and born 3 minutes after me - we didn't know each other until a few years ago, and have been birthday buddies ever since.

One of the perks of birthdays for me is that by registering my email address with the 3 main coffee shops I go to (Caribou, Starbucks, and Dunn Brothers), I get a free drink on my birthday. Which means I have to have 3 coffee drinks on my birthday. But you can never have too much coffee right? So I started the morning with a Caribou White Chocolate Mocha...79g of carbs...I haven't had 79g of carbs IN A DAY since I started the Atkins diet 22 weeks ago (btw, I've lost 28 lbs now!) My body may go into sugar shock...I don't plan to get 3 mochas, I'll use the other drinks for something less sugary.

I am fortunate my birthday landed on a Wednesday this year because this week I have class Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, Rochester PrideFest (IBM table) Saturday, not to mention work and homework. And given that we're leaving next Thursday evening for Maine for 5 days, I have two papers for school to have done before I leave, plus a project on Tuesday. So...I'm going to enjoy today! Early dinner with my cousins, later dinner with my friends.

OK, the sugar is setting in....too jittery to keep typing... :)

No comments: