Monday, June 28, 2010

Weather Dodge Ball

A fun and eventful weekend...Friday after work started out with me breaking my phone (cracking the screen which pretty much makes it useless since it's a touch-screen). More on that later...but Friday evening I went to a final happy hour for my good friends Brian and Jossie who are moving back to Florida. We will miss them lots, and I look forward to visiting them sometime. We were able to sit outside at Whistle Binkies for awhile before the rain/storm hit, and then found tables inside to talk, laugh, reminisce, etc.

Saturday after a leisurely morning, we headed up to St. Paul for my cousin's wedding. A very fancy affair, at one of the University buildings on Summit Ave (next door to the Governor's Mansion, so you know it was pretty nice). Again, beat the rain and storm enough to have an outdoor ceremony (the reception was of course indoors). Much talking, laughing, and catching up with friends and family.

Sunday evening was my final Notochords jazz band gig for the "season" (we start back up again in the fall). Pine Island - again, the weather just looked like it was going to be ominous, but after some cloudiness during the day and 5 minutes of hard rain (which stopped me from finishing the lawn), it actually got pretty pleasant in the evening. We had a good crowd at the band shell, 100+ people they said, and a fun evening of big band music.

A few dates of note...the important one being today, marking 4 years that Erin and I have been together. Yes, 4 years...hard to believe. Somewhere in the next week or two are also the 2-year birthdays for our kittehs (we don't know the exact dates), as well as both Erin's and my birthdays the first half of July. AND, the first week of July will mark 13 years for me at IBM. Combine that with the 4th of July and another fun wedding event this weekend and there's a lot of fun going on :)

No comments: