Friday, January 15, 2010

My Kittehs


My kitties are my two little best buddies. They're there to see me off in the morning when I go to work, and there waiting for me when I get home. They love to hop up on my desk while I'm on the computer and head-butt my hands while I'm typing, step on the keys, and stand in front of the monitor when they don't get attention :) They nuzzle up next to me on the couch when I'm watching a football game. They love running around the game room and hiding behind the TVs when we're playing video games. They love to "lead" me downstairs in the morning when it's feeding time. They love to show me that yes, they know how to use the litter box (thank goodness!). They love their favorite toys - the sparkly green ball that leaves little sparkly strands all over the house, the squeaky mice, the feathers, and the plastic ring-pull milk caps when we open up a new carton. They love to jump up onto things - high up things - even things they know they're not supposed to - but mostly they're just curious or want to be up where the "grown-ups" are. And they love to to be in bed with us at night - sometimes quietly at the foot of the bed, sometimes under the covers, and occasionally stepping on our faces :)

But mostly, all they really ever want is someone to love them. Some people say that pets love us simply because we feed them and give them a place to live. But I don't really believe that - they have their own little personalities and they love to play, they love to be around us whether it's feeding time or not. And I believe that on whatever level a cat is capable, they love us like we love them.

No comments: