Friday, August 14, 2009

OPEN!

One year, one month, and 12 days later, 50th Avenue is finally open. Only 11 months later than planned :) I was able to drive on the new road on my way home last night - it's actually a bit eerie in the dark, now that all the trees are gone, no street lights, and there are many turn lanes and corners that go into nowhere (for future roads).

A few things that were surprising - the roundabout where the future intersection of 41st St will be, there's no bridge at the bottom of the hill (they put in drainage sewers and culverts all over the place which probably makes more sense), and it's 4 lanes - I knew originally they said it was going to be 4 lanes, but then as they were building it, it didn't really look like it would be. But it is.

As I was approaching the roundabout with the other cars, I could see some of them looking a little hesitant and confused - I fully expect someone to go around it the wrong way, hopefully no accidents will happen.

No comments: