Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

A quick reminder to everyone to remember the reason for Memorial Day, and if you have a chance to honor or thank someone who has served our country please do. I know many people in my family (both grandpas) and many friends who have served in the military.

A fun weekend - Friday evening grilling and festivities with friends, Saturday was a nice relaxing day with not a lot on the agenda (got to have dinner with friend Caryn). The weather on Sunday was just beautiful - the days you live in Minnesota for. Erin had some things to do in the morning so I got a lot of little odds and ends done, and enlisted friend Wayne and his pickup to go to Sargents and buy some trees. I think everyone was at Sargents :)

After the trees (and of course buying DQ for Wayne to thank him for the pickup - ok an excuse to eat ice cream!) Erin came home and made some of his famous chicken and dumplings for a friend who has a bad cold, and then we went sat outside at friends Jay & Eric's house and enjoyed the evening. As it got dark, Eric, Erin, and I headed to Cinemagic to catch the late showing of "Terminator Salvation". This is probably the movie I expected "Termiantor 3" to be, and the one I've been waiting for since I was blown away by "Terminator 2" way back in 1991. While there were a few things that were kind of annoying, overall I thought it was a good movie.

Another beautiful day today, planting trees and doing yard odds and ends.

No comments: