Thursday, May 7, 2009

Adventures in Fence Building

Admittedly, I haven't really been doing any of the work - Erin has been taking advantage of the weather and working hard every day when it doesn't rain! But this evening I got to contribute - we had 4 extra line posts and had gotten the wrong size top rails, so some returning and exchanging to Menards needed to happen. In the good old days of having my pickup, these sorts of things were no problem, and my Vue handles most house project supplies, but these are 8' and 10'6" long metal posts, and the Vue just isn't big enough to handle that (and you can't open the tailgate window, so can't even stick things out the back easily). When we realized there were just too many supplies to carry in the Vue, Erin called Menards and asked what their delivery charge was..$65 minimum. But they said they also rent a contractor pickup for 75 minutes for $30. So the first time around Erin did that and got the majority of our supplies.

Tonight...friend Wayne to the rescue! Wayne still has his full-size Chevy and saved me $30 and an extra round trip to Menards! So I got him ice cream at DQ...seems like I got the better end of that deal!

A picture of the progress (and a goofy picture of Madame Sparkles just for fun)...the rain has slowed the work down but still getting a lot done!

No comments: