Sunday, April 26, 2009

17 Again

With the rainy day yesterday, Erin and I decided to go see a movie, and settled on "17 Again" - Zac Efron, Matthew Perry, and our favorite "Buffy" sister Michelle Trachtenberg. I'd say it was refreshingly good and funny - probably not one I'd see over and over, but they didn't use "cheap" humor to get laughs, and it had a little something for everyone - love, drama, geek, and sports.

Next week starts the big wave of blockbuster movies though - "X-Men: Origins" (5/1), "Star Trek 11" (5/8), "Terminator: Salvation" (5/22), and then "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" (6/26 - ok, this one might suck), "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" (7/17), and "G.I. Joe - The Rise of Cobra" (8/7 - ok this one might suck too, but hey it's G.I. Joe!). Erin and I were commenting during the previews last night, that there is apparently no creativity left in Hollywood, as nearly every movie is a remake or reboot - including the upcoming remake of "Fame" and "Footloose". While it's kind of fun to relive our old favorites, it would also be fun to have some new favorites!

No comments: