Sunday, December 27, 2009

Network Drives

As I mentioned, I spent yesterday installing Windows 7 on Erin's machine among other things. Got done, everything worked perfectly without a hitch, including his mapped network drives vs. mine which iTunes seems to decide to destroy every time it's on for awhile. So I decided it must not be our network or the server, and I was going to figure this out.

I probably read about 50 various forum posts until it finally dawned on me that the antivirus I still use, "Blink" might not actually be compatible with Windows 7 - they are a research company and tend to be slower to upgrade on stuff like that. Sure enough, uninstalled it, installed Microsoft's free "Security Essentials" (which btw, for a free program is quite nice, small, and fast), and no more problems. Hooray!

It's a cloudy snowy Sunday, a great day to be drinking coffee and looking out the window - with Erin working again today I will be doing a lot of reading, finishing household chores, and just enjoying the day!

No comments: