Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Four fun filled days of celebration! We kicked it off Wednesday night with a "small" gathering at our house (ended up being 15 people, but we had plenty of great food!) Besides eating, Erin and I had our wills witnessed and notarized. Who else has their own personal notary public? (thanks a million Shelley!)

Thursday was a little quieter, but fun nonetheless! For the first time in 12 years in Rochester, I not only attended a Christmas Eve service, but we played bells for two of them. That was fun in itself, but I managed to get 5 handbell "alumni" to come and play as well. It was a very fun afternoon! And the weather held - it rained a lot but nothing too bad. Erin and I enjoyed a quiet evening of apple cider, opening presents, playing with the kitties, and watching "Superhero Movie" (I wouldn't recommend it)

Friday, I woke up expecting to be completely snowed and iced in. Looked outside, didn't look like much happened, started reading weather reports and it appeared to have stayed above freezing all night, and the roads looked to be ok. So we started out, and really didn't encounter anything bad - a little slush here and there but we made it to the cousins without any problem. Lots of fun catching up with my "second family" (they were my Rochester family when I moved up here 12 years ago), a big yummy lunch, and then off to my "first family" to see the nieces, mom, Chris & Erin. More fun, running around, opening presents, and watching Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas videos.

Saturday morning it was snowing but since Erin had to work in the afternoon we started out at 9:30 onto the snowy roads. As it turned out, the snow must have stayed north because by the time we got to St. Paul it was sunny and the roads were clear. Erin went off to work and I enjoyed a quiet afternoon of unpacking, cleaning up the house, and installing Windows 7 on Erin's computer (I did mine the other day).

The complete photo album:

2009-12-25

No comments: