Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Triple softball action!

After a busy Monday, I had just enough time to head home, change clothes, grab a quick something to eat, and head down to McQuillan field at 5:45, for our 6:15 softball game...one of two that I was playing in, and then a third that the girls team was playing and I stayed to watch. Wow...bad scheduling, but a beautiful night and a lot of fun!

For game 1, I had a large cheering section - Ryan & Shelley, Paul & Anne (and LP), Dan, and Erin. Complete with Leinie's beer! We won game one by 10-run rule in the 5th - hooray! This was the first time trying batting left-handed, and I didn't do so good - 2 walks and 2 outs, but hey gotta start somewhere.

Game 2 was a couple fields down, supposed to start at 8:15, so we had a nice break - and the break turned out to be much longer than that, as that field was running behind and there was no umpire. So at 8:45, we FINALLY started - not a big deal except the girls team (which half our co-ed team is on) started at 9:15. The park coordinators managed to get word down to the other field that we were running behind and that they other team would have to wait. It took 7 innings but we won the second game by over 10 runs too. After two unsuccessful at-bats lefty again, I just got tired of it for now and went back to right - and then got a hit.

The girls all dashed down to field #1 for their game 3, and Jeff and I walked over to watch - buddy Robin was already down there and taking pictures (the one of me above was from her too!) By the time we got there the girls were already up 6 or 7, and ended up winning 25-1 in 5 innings. I had heard the stories of this most awesome of teams but had never seen them play until tonight - wow! Just one hit after another...

I didn't get home until about 11:15, but it was a fun night!

No comments: