Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Last game

On a sunny, nice (and a bit humid) Monday evening, we had our last softball game of the season. The last week of the season is actually next week but we have a bye on the final week (weird). The standings are here - I believe we will finish 4th no matter what happens next week, because we beat both teams that can be tied with us. Considering how our year started, 4th out of 12 is really good! I managed to get on base a few times and also got an injury - I wish I had a better story to go with this one, but when the game was starting, the umpire tossed me the ball to throw to our pitcher (every other batter you have to switch balls as there is a women's ball and a men's ball). I wasn't looking, and turned to him at the last second and the ball smacked me square in the mouth. It wasn't a hard throw but I have a slightly fat lip. I really should have made up a better story :)

Other randomness of the day

ESPN stands for "Entertainment Sports Programming Network" - I learned this at Caribou this morning as it was the trivia question - I've NEVER in all my years of watching ESPN heard that - it's an acronym that has taken on a life of its own.

I am distraught at how much airline ticket prices are - and this was a flight to Vegas, which used to always be the "cheap" flight - I can only imagine how much people are paying to go elsewhere.

I have gotten used to my new phone and have even decided I like it - GPS Google Maps is a pretty neat application.



1 comment:

Jay said...

What airline are you looking at?

I know it is not cheap, I bout died when my cousin Kevin told us what the plane ticket would of cost if we flew to Chicago instead of the train!