Thursday, December 6, 2007

Omaha shootings

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/05/us/05cnd-omaha.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5087&em&en=02267c5f0648fa2b&ex=1197003600

I don't even know how to process this one in my head - I grew up about 10 miles south of Omaha, and can't count the number of times I went to that mall. The problems of our world really are everywhere, being in the midwest certainly doesn't shield us from them.

It's hard to even imagine how hurt, angry, depressed, confused, etc. someone would have to be to start shooting random innocent people and then commit suicide. I feel great sympathy for the families of the people killed - and have to wonder if it was someone I knew. But it also hurts inside knowing that there are people out there like this gunman, that see no other option than to shoot innocent people and kill themself.

No comments: