Monday, December 10, 2007

Annual Lessons & Carols music service

http://www.zumbrolutheran.org/lessons_carols.html

Just an announcement to everyone that my church's annual music service of Nine Lessons and Carols is going on this sunday at St. Mary's chapel. The music starts at 6:30pm, lasting until about 8:30. This is always a highlight of the year for me, I am very involved in Zumbo's music program, and this is a chance to listen and see all of the music groups without the rest of the "service :) The groups that are participating are listed on the web page - for me, I am involved in both handbell groups, as well as other small things. Zumbro has been doing this for 26 years as a gift to the hospital and the community - it is shown on closed-circuit TV to every room in St. Mary's hospital for patients that can't attend in person.

If you like listening to great live Christmas music of all kinds (vocal, bells, horns, woodwinds, harp), I encourage you to come - it is free and open to the public (free-will donations go to St. Mary's hospital and other charities).

No comments: