Friday, July 25, 2008

Saved

I just got in to work a few minutes ago (9:25am) - which is about an hour and a half late for me. With good reason....

Last night I went to the Honkers game with some free tickets my financial advisor Zac gave me, for the Sommerby Deck. The pockets on the shorts I was wearing apparently don't close really well or tightly, because this morning as I was getting read to go to work, I realized I couldn't find my wallet - searching all over the house, under the bed, in pockets, in the car, etc. I knew I had shown my ID to get into the deck at the game, so I knew I had my wallet at that point. We never left the deck all evening, and it was unlikely (but I suppose possible) it had fallen out walking back to the car. So I decided it was worth a drive down to the stadium to look and/or see if there was a lost and found. I finally found a way in on the back entrance and found a cleaning person cleaning up from last night (Anne - God bless her!). I walked up to her and asked if there was a lost and found, and she said "Are you Paul?" Well of course I knew I was saved! I shook her hand, tried to get her to let me buy her a coffee or something but she refused, and said she was just glad she could help.

WHEW!

I could have recovered if I hadn't found it - I knew everything that was in there, and could have cancelled the credit cards, and I carry very little cash anymore, but it would have taken some doing to replace all the IDs and cards. I hardly needed the Caribou coffee I got after that as I was already running on adrennaline.

No comments: