Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!


I read about the origins of Labor Day on Wikipedia this morning, and the first US Labor day was in 1882. Oddly, half of the workers in the country don't get the day off now because the other half do get it off and want to go shopping, eat out, etc....go figure.

A fun weekend, kicking off Saturday with meeting HS friends Pat & Laura and kids in Bloomington for lunch, and then off to second-cousin Brittany's wedding. Lots of fun seeing the "Minnesota Byes" as I like to refer to them. We headed home relatively early (9pm) since it was an hour and a half drive from the reception in Medina to Rochester.

Sunday morning coffee with friend Bill, and a day of working on some projects I had been putting off. I finally got everything else that hadn't nicely converted from my old phone to my new one into either Google tasks, Google docs, or just stored in documents on my computer, and put the final closure on Outlook and Windows Mobile. Also worked on the never-ending video conversion and editing project - eventually it will all get done! Sunday evening Chinese takeout and a later evening wine tasting with a couple of friends.

Monday morning - Erin is at orientation for his new job, so I had coffee with Bill again this morning, and am now in the process of doing some more video editing and, unfortunately, figuring out why iTunes isn't working again. I may have narrowed it down to the "Apple Mobile Device Support" process which I don't use, I continue to disable, and iTunes keeps re-enabling, I'm sure trying to be helpful. I'm nearly ready to give up on iTunes altogether after the recent number of times it's quit working - I don't honestly know how "regular" people (meaning people who wouldn't spend the hours I spend figuring out how to fix this stuff or don't have the computer background I do) actually get any of this stuff to work.

I do plan on enjoying the weather today, the whole weekend has been fantastic Minnesota summer/fall weather and I'm loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

GoldFishy said...

well, as far as iTunes goes... I use it at work on XP (no device syncing there, just listening) and have the same library as at home (about 20GB or so), and it seems to function just fine. Of course, it works great at home and syncing, but I'm "all-Apple" here, so it had better work well... ;-)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many problems with it. I didn't realize it could be so problematic...