Saturday, January 26, 2008

Snowtubing

I'm catching up on posts here - after a late night last night with my band, I got up early this morning and headed out to Ironwood Springs Christian Ranch to catch the second half of a Peer Ministry retreat. Peer Ministry is a program my church sponsors for 10th-12th graders who have been through confirmation. It gives them something to be involved with after confirmation is done, and goes more in-depth into life types of issues they might face or have to help friends with. There are usually 10-20 kids a year that participate in the 16-session program, started and ended by a weekend retreat.

This year the end retreat was at Ironwood Springs, which has nice lodges, walking trails, and snowtubing. After our last morning session, we all headed out to the hill for some snowy fun. I wasn't expecting the hills to be as steep or rough as they were - they were fairly steep, fairly icy, and not supervised. It was a lot of fun, but I am aching a little bit now, and hit my elbow really hard on one run. But all in all a good time and no one got hurt.

When I got home I had to snowblow/shovel all the snow that piled up yesterday as I hadn't had time to do it last night or this morning. Even with a snowblower it was a workout, I didn't realize how much we actually got.

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening inside where it's warm :)

No comments: