Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I'm back...and the world has motivated me

It looks like my last blog entry was 3+ years ago, and even then they were very few and far between.  It's not that I haven't had lots to write about or talk about, but lack of time (and a little laziness maybe) have contributed to me not actually writing it out and publishing it, even though I've thought about it many times.

But I'm back.  There's a lot going on in the world, and besides being involved, I need an outlet to "talk" about things and hopefully even get some discussion and debate going.

Just to catch you up....since June, 2013 a lot has happened:


  • I got married!  Yes, in October 2014, surrounded by MANY family and friends, my husband and I were married.  It was a wonderful, beautiful day.
  • I moved into a new and interesting/challenging project at work that really aligns with the masters degree I spent two years earning.
  • I'm still doing CrossFit :)
  • We lost a kitty :(  Mr. Fluffy Face passed away very suddenly one night at the age of 5 years and 4 months.  We still miss him all the time.
  • We got another kitty!  (about a year later)  Bubby has been a wonderful addition to the family.
  • The band I got involved with at the beginning of 2013 continued to grow in popularity and became hugely (locally) successful, we recorded a CD, we played at "Down By the River Side" and "Thursdays on First", played all over the area to great crowds at bars and other venues, and even flew 16 hours to the Marshall Islands and played there for a week.  And...we've now retired.
I'll be posting more shortly.  To whoever is reading, thank you, and I'm glad to be back :)

No comments: