Thursday, September 15, 2011

The ABCs of me

My good friend Shelley in her baking blog did a re-post of this "ABCs of me" which is getting passed along from blog to blog.  I generally don't "forward" stuff, but this isn't quite the same as forwarding email, and there's no penalty of death or years of bad luck if you don't continue it on.  But if you do have a blog, it's kind of a fun thing to post.

A – Age.  I’m 37

B – Bed Size.  King

C – Chore I dislike.  Cleaning the bathroom.  I can never seem to get the nooks and crannies, and I've never been good with cleaning chemicals.  Vaccum, dust, sweep, fold clothes, love it!  (maybe I don't like the "wet" cleaning chores?)

D – Dogs.  I love animals and someday we'll have a dog.  But I'd have to say I'm really a cat person at heart when it comes down to it.

E – Essential start to my day.  A good breakfast, coffee, and I do a lot better when I get that half hour of "quiet time" in the morning - I relish it.

F – Favorite Colors.  Earth tones.

G – Gold or silver?  Gold (do I really have a strong preference?  no)

H – Height.  I’m 5’10.5"

I – Instruments I play(ed).  I took piano lessons for a number of years when I was younger.  I have played saxophone since the 6th grade (26 years now!).  Same with handbells.  I attempted trumpet lessons two years ago and failed miserably, but it was fun.  I

J – Job title.  Advisory Software Engineer

K – Kids.  Three wonderful little kittehs.

L – Live.  Rochester MN, for 14 years.

M - Money tip I like best.  I like the one Shelley posted (spend less than you make) but I might take that a step further and say "be happy with what you have".  Sometimes we forget to do that.

N – Never plan to…  Control everything :)

O – Overnight hospital stays.  Tonsils out when I was 7.  The sinus surgery I had at age 15 was almost going to turn into an overnight but made it out before the day was over :)

P - Pet Peeves.  People who think they need to fill up all quiet spaces with talking, or feel the need to chime in on absolutely every topic being discussed.  Intolerance of other people's beliefs and cultures, period.  People who claim to be Christians but demonstrate hatred and fear by their actions.

Q - Quote from a movie.  The entire end speech that Michael Douglas makes in "The American President".  My friend Tony and I had that all memorized at one point.  "My Name is Andrew Sheppard and I AM the president."

R – Righty or lefty?  Righty, but I still suspect I might bat left handed - or maybe I just suck at softball :)

S - Siblings.  I have a younger sister 3 years younger, and a younger half-brother who is 25 years younger.

T - Time I wake up.  I only wish I could sleep past 7...usually it's 6 or sometimes even earlier.

U – Underwear.  Boxer briefs.

V - Vegetables I don’t like.  Cauliflower.  Plain celery.  There are probably others.

W – What makes me run late.  Usually just stupidity - I don't tend to be late much though.

X – X-rays I’ve had.  Besides the regular dental checkups, broken arm in 3rd grade, broken finger in college, and broken wrist last year.

Y – Yummy food I make.  The family recipe, handed down from my grandma, for chocolate chip cookies.  Everyone loves these.  I don't say that lightly - really, everyone does.

Z – Zoo animals I like.  Elephants.

No comments: