Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Perspective

I have been absent from blogging for awhile, one of my new year's resolutions...but I felt like I needed to post this.

We have been paying a person to do our snow removal (our driveway/sidewalks) after my snow blower died last year, and he was always very reliable, punctual, and thorough. This weekend we had a big snowstorm here and no one came to clear on Sunday, Monday, and today...I called again this afternoon to see if I could get some kind of ETA and his message said that he had gotten sick on Sunday and went to the hospital and was diagnosed with cancer. Wow. After hearing that, I kind of just stopped and realized how my "problems" didn't seem quite so important, and how thankful I am to have the family and friends I have in my life.

I ask anyone reading this to take a second to send your prayers and positive thoughts and energy to Jeff, our snow removal guy, for good health and recovery.

No comments: