Friday, September 17, 2010

Video Game memories...

A few fun video game nostalgia links....

First, to make all of you 80s kids feel old, Happy 25th Birthday Mario!

Second, also probably for the 80s kids, The Greatest 100 NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) games of all time. Even before reading it, I guessed (correctly) Super Mario Bros 3 was #1....but this has sparked a lively debate between myself and some other friends. It all depends on what you define as "greatest" - largely it's probably a subjective and personal choice, but you might factor in things like how many were sold, how much of an "impact" a game had, how many hours you spent playing it, if it's still being played, etc. If I had to choose #1's in categories for myself....

Favorite NES game overall - Super Mario Bros 3

NES game I spent the most hours playing -Tecmo Super Bowl (by far, an insane amount probably)

NES game I was most "intrigued" by - The Legend of Zelda

The ones I still play today - Super Mario Bros [1], The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II

NES game that I thought had the most "impact" on video games - Super Mario Bros [1] - without that game, Nintendo probably never would have existed, it was HUGE leap forward in video games (from single-screen, never-ending games to scrolling games with a "goal") and has spawned off the most succesful game series in history.

So...there you have it. The debate rolls on. Just remember, if you're still playing NES games, up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-start

:)

No comments: