Monday, August 16, 2010

Big Band Weather

Lots of fun and beautiful weather going on last night in Pine Island, as I subbed on lead alto for the "Rochester Big Band", a band I've played with in the past. The Pine Island crowd at the band shell was great, the weather was great, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of playing big band music :)

An overall productive weekend, including our "kitty" life returning to normal as Fluffy Face is now out of kitty jail and we're slowly letting him back into more rooms. It's nice to see them both back chasing each other around and laying in their favorite spots by the window on the couch. Besides investing in a second identical litter box (so they each have their "own"), I purchased some cat-calming plugins from catfaeries.com, as well as cleaning the spots Fluffy Face has had accidents on a number of times with the special "kitty-be-gone" scent-removing enzyme.

In the coming weeks I'll be gearing up for what should be a great musical evening, playing saxophone with my friend Dan's "put-together" band. We had our first rehearsal last week and WOW is there some talent there. We are playing from 4pm-5:30pm at the south stage of Thursdays on First on September 2nd, opening for the feature band that evening. I encourage everyone to come out and have some drinks at Dooley's pub and sit and take in the great music :)

No comments: