Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Green

So I took another step into the "greener" world today, and rode my bike to work. I've been saying I'm going to do this for about 5 years now, and finally did. Not too bad - pretty much trails all the way. Still figuring out how to dress, since this morning it was about 40 when I started, but after a few minutes of biking you get warm fast. I'm going to try and do this once a week this summer.

Someone also forwarded me a list of the "20 worst foods for you in America", and even though I think the definition of "bad" food is relative (one study shows one thing, one another, etc.) I was glad to see the things on this list are ones I'd pretty much say are bad for you no matter which way you look at it. Anything deep fried, or loaded with high fructose corn syrup, has so much of its nutritional value stripped that it just can't be good. Of course I've learned and know all of this now, which means I have no excuse for choosing to eat these things! Ah, maybe ignorance is bliss....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Paul,
I just started a blog posting about going GREEN last night and just haven't finished it. Great minds think alike. Also, I saw that same email about the world's worst foods. Makes you think.